Friday, February 5, 2010

This is hard! I miss him......


Well I've officially made it to the weekend. For those of you who don't know my hubby left EARLY (4:30 am) on Monday morning and is right now in the middle of a 12 day training session for his new job. I knew that taking care of the 5 kids on my own would be tough - and don't get me wrong- IT IS!!! But the worst part about this is how much I miss my constant companion. I know that he is missing us too. Yesterday was his birthday and for the first time in 10 years we didn't get to celebrate it with him. I had a boquet of chocolate dipped strawberries delivered to to his hotel room (Edible Arrangements) with a birthday balloon and card but it just wasn't the same. Birthdays are a really big deal to me! I go all out! Last year I slaved away at the stove to make him Coq au Vin, a dish the he had been dying to try. It was DELICOUS!! Needless to say, I haven't made it since! I also made him his favorite - cheesecake - topped with tart lemon curd! I have recently figured out that my love language is gifts! I was almost embarrassed about that because to me it seemed so shallow. But as I explored it more, it wasn't necessarily ME receiving gifts but the fact that this was how I showed love to others. The little chocolate boquet didn't cut it! I have a grand plan in the works for his return =)

So here it is, Friday evening. This is usually when Terry and I just relax from the week and plan what we want to do with the kids for the weekend. It's hard not having him here to do that with! I have tried to fill their time with some fun outings. We went to the dollar movie on Wednesday night, gorged ourselves with popcorn and called that "dinner" for the night. Tonight we're heading to Chuck E Cheese. I am enjoying my time with them but I do have to admit that it is also a distraction from the obvious. I am alone! I have a new understanding for the moms the do this day in and day out. I can handle the "work" part alright, it is the lonliness in my heart that I'm struggling with right now. I miss you Terry! Come home soon!

1 comment:

Kylie and crew. said...

Oh man 12 days that is HORRIBLE!! Thanks for your sweet comment on our blog. We do have awesome gifts that have been helping some....it's such a pain....I hope Cora is easier.

How are you doing with the big boys and Terry being gone? You are an amazing women!