Thursday, June 25, 2009

Taking time out for a little fun in the sun!

What a cutie pie!
Elly is lovin' the sun!
Four whole days into break and summer is in full swing. As a child summer means that your schedule suddenly opens up and it is nothing but time and carefree days. As a parent - IT IS NOT! I now have great understanding and compassion for my mom who was always more than ready for us to go back to school in the fall. I can't complain too much though. I've been loving hanging out with the girls, trying to sneak in some sun time when it decides to shine and above all being able to sleep until after 7 am! They have been so good about letting mom sleep in a little bit. I have given myself this week to be lazy but next week I'm determined to get back in the swing of things.
Today was a busy one! I headed to my Zumba class (my new addiction!) at the YMCA this morning. You can tell people are desperately trying to be ready for swimsuit season as the class size has almost tripled. It's almost comical to see 30 full grown women squished into the little room. We're all swinging our arms around and shaking our booties almost knocking the woman next to us down! It's hot, sweaty and TOUGH - but I love it!!! Next it was quick stop at home to eat lunch and scrub those teeth. I had set up denist appointments for all three of the girls on the same day. I know - I'm not sure what I was thinking the day I did this. I guess it was my attempt to kill not 2 but 3 birds with one stone. They actually did rather well! We went to a new denist that is specifically for kids. My girls thought they had died and gone to Heaven when we walked into what I could have possibly mistaken for a McDonanlds Playland had I not known better. Whoever came up with this kids dentist idea was a GENIOUS!!! I sat and filled out miles of paperwork while they all played in the tubes, on the slides and with the video game centers. Madyson and Elly did very well. Madyson does have to get some work done (which we already knew about) but also found out that she needs to have two teeth pulled. She's not thrilled at the idea but she decided that it would be better to have the dentist numb her mouth and take them out than to have to "twist and pull" (as he descibed it) on her own. This was Jorydn's first dentist appointment. She was completely freaked out when they wanted to put her in the chair and lean it back. Between the screams and cries of "that's scary" (he new favorite saying) I coaxed her back onto the chair. As the dentist counted her teeth she calmed down and counted along with him. They painted the flouride on her teeth and she told them all how "nummy" it was. They gave her a cute little rubber ducky to add to her ever growing collection and that was that. The only other problem I ran into was two hours later when it was time to leave. They weren't lying in the advertisment when they said that your kids won't want to leave.
Our weather has been pretty touch and go lately. Yesterday it got up to almost ninety. Today it's cool and windy. I snapped a few pictures of Elly and Jorydn while they played in the water yesterday. We're thinking about braving the crazy crowds and heading downtown for Hoopfest this weekend. Wish us luck - hopefully we'll come back in one piece and with all the kids in tow.
Hope you all have a great weekend with lots of fun and sunshine! Much love, Amy

1 comment:

Kylie and crew. said...

I need to take Asher to the dentist! I will have to try the dentist who spicializes in kids...sounds great! I wish we could have seen you as we passed through town. It was crazy downtown but A LOT of fun. Asher is obsessed with basketball and he had a blast! Talk to you soon!