Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Here Come's Fall




























With our first official trip to the orchard over with I can safely say good bye summer, HELLO fall! My FAVORITE time of year! Just a few quite pics for you to look at.



School is going great for the kiddos. Elly is the Kindergarten Student of the Week - an accomplishment that she is very proud of! Chase is going the the first dance of the year this weekend. PRAY that he will use his brain and stay out of trouble! We have had enough of that to last a life time. Madyson has joined orchestra and decided to play the violin. I REALLY didn't have anything to do with her choice. She came home last week and told me about it. I was just a little excited! We took her to the rental shop to have her measured over the weekend it turns out that with her long arms and legs she already fits a full size violin so my old instrument is finally going to get some use again :) Cameron is doing well in school too! We got an email from his teacher last week talking about how great he is doing so far this year and that he has seemed to have made some positive choices and is a role model to the other students in the program. Who would have thought? Needless to say Terry and I are very proud of him.

On Sept. 12, the girls and I particated in the first annual Out of the Darkness what to benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. I lost a great friend last summer to suicide and 2 of my friends AMAZINGLY got together to put their grief into something positive. I can only imagine the countless hours they put into planning this event and it was awesome! We walked 3 1/4 miles from the U of M Circle down the Kelly Williams trail and back. It was great to spend some time just remembering our friends and all the other people who were and weren't represented there. It was eye opening to see what a huge effect suicide has on our society. It is tragic and preventable!!! I encourage you all the log onto the AFSP website and find an Out of the Darkness walk near you. Suicide truly needs to come out of the darkness and be dealt with and spoken about!



Tomorrow I will be getting on a plane and flying to Nashville, TN for the annual MOPS convention. I am not feeling mentally prepared to leave as it was kind of a last minute decision made by our group but I am excited to be refreshed and reenergized for the new year. I've signed up for some workshops that I'm looking forward to - one about blended families and the other about "writing" during this season of motherhood. Terry will have his hands full taking care of the whole brood! But you know me and if you were at my house right now you would see the detailed lists and notes that I have taped around the house to make things "easier" for him (or at least for me!!!)


I hope life is treating you all well! Ours is quite crazy as usual. If you think about us say a prayer for our family. We have some unexpected "things" going on right now. We have been and continue to pray that God will make His will clear to us and that we follow Him regardless of how "SCARY" it may seem.


Love to you all!


-Amy

1 comment:

Kylie and crew. said...

You are an excellent writer! We were thinking of coming to Spakane this weekend but it's a no go now. It would have been fun to see you....except you would have been in San Antonio. We need to catch up one of these days. Any trips to Missoula planned?